Deadline: March 19, 2023
About the competition
Write an original, factual, first-person travel story about a time you experienced romance while traveling. Feel free to explore romance in all of its manifestations, but ensure that your travel story builds itself around the context of a place or experience. Editors will be looking for originality, voice, and a satisfying story arc that captures attention and makes use of imagery to pull the reader along at every step.
- One winner and up to three runners-up will be selected to have their work published on Intrepid Times. The winner will be paid a cash-prize of US $200, and the runners-up will receive our standard fee.
- Entry is free of charge to all writers. However, writers looking to improve their writing through detailed feedback may choose to purchase an assessed entry using the link below.
- The deadline to submit your writing for the “Romance on the Road Travel Writing Competition” is March 19, 2023. The winner and runners-up will be announced in April, and payment will be made to each on the day their selected story is published.
- Please write between 1200 and 2000 words and submit only your original, unpublished work. Please be conscientious about how you identify third parties, and if you use real names, please make sure you have permission. Choose your option below to proceed to the submission details. (You do not have to have your story ready for submission when selecting your preferred option.)
- Click here for free, standard entry. Your story will be assessed on its merits. You will not receive feedback on your story and will only be contacted in April if you are selected as a winner or runner-up.
- Read the whole guideline and enter the competition here.