Deadline: September 1, 2022
About the competition
Teachers have the most fascinating, difficult, and important job on the planet, and their workdays are filled with stories. Yet teachers seldom appear in fiction. This annual contest was created to inspire great stories about teachers and the rich and crazy world of schools.
- The story’s protagonist, or its narrator, must be a K-12 teacher.
- Stories must be between 6 and 749 words and previously unpublished.
- Any adult (whether a teacher or not) can submit.
- You must be over 18.
- Only one submission per writer. No exceptions.
- Sentimentality is discouraged and education jargon is forbidden.
- Submit your entry here.