Deadline: March 1, 2023
About the competition
Awarded for the best piece of writing on the theme of the Alpine Fellowship 2023 – Flourishing. The winner of the Writing Prize will receive a cash prize, and the runners up will receive travel expense support that must be used to attend our 2023 symposium which will be held from 10th-13th August 2023 in Fjällnäs, Sweden.
- All genres of writing are permitted, including fiction, non-fiction and non-academic essays.
- Open to all nationalities.
- Applicants must be aged 18 or above at the time of entry.
- All entries must be written in English.
- Applicants can only enter one of our prizes.
- Limited to one entry per person.
- Submissions must be standalone and cannot be extracts from a larger piece.
- A maximum of 2,500 words per entry.
- Stories must not have been published, self-published or accepted for publication in print or online, or have won or been placed in another competition at any time.
- Travel expenses can be used for economy travel costs only and are not exchangeable for cash, any leftover travel budget will not be redeemed as cash.
- Travel expenses can be used for transport only, and can not be used towards accomodation outside of the dates of our symposium.
- Submissions will be judged anonymously, so please ensure that your name does not appear anywhere on your work.
- Due to the volume of applications the judges decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into following the results.
- Read the whole guideline and submit your application here.