Deadline: December 31, 2023
About the competition
Submissions are open for short stories and poetry by BIPOC authors for Kinsman Quarterly’s Iridescence Award. Themes should include the supernatural, extraterrestrial, or the paranormal. Prizes include publication in the Iridescence anthology with cash awards up to $500 USD. No fee required. Deadline is December 31st.
Those eligible must submit an original, unpublished work in English. Genres include, but are not limited to, fantasy, folk mythology, science fiction, and the paranormal. Winning submissions will also be featured in the Kinsman Quarterly, its social media sites, and printed promotions. Copyrights of the individual submissions remain with the authors and artists. However, copyrights for the anthology as a collection are reserved to Kinsman Avenue Publishing, Inc.
- Each entry should be an original, unpublished work by the submitting author, which does not infringe upon the copyrights of another individual or entity. Works published solely on the blog or social media outlets of the submitting author are eligible.
- Submissions must be received by December 31st at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- Submissions should feature themes of the supernatural, extraterrestrial, or the paranormal, preferably by authors of the BIPOC community.
- Participants may enter more than one submission.
- Changes to the competition entry cannot be made once a work is submitted. However, a revised version may be uploaded and indicated as such in the file name.
- Read the whole guideline and submit an entry here.