Deadline: August 31, 2022
About the competition
The Kindle Storyteller Award is a £20,000 literary prize recognizing outstanding writing. It is open to writers publishing in English in any genre, who publish their work through Kindle Direct Publishing. Readers play a significant role in selecting the winner, helped by a panel of judges including various book industry experts.
The 2022 Kindle Storyteller Award is open for entries between 1st May and 31st August 2022.
The Competition is open to writers publishing in English in any genre, who publish their work through Kindle Direct Publishing. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
Each Finalist will receive a Kindle Oasis E-reader – Graphite, Waterproof, 7″ High-Resolution Display (300 ppi), Built-In Audible, 32 GB, Free 3G + Wi-Fi. In the event the Book selected as a Finalist has two co-authors, only one Finalist Prize will be provided.
One Grand Prize Winner will receive the following Grand Prize package (collectively, the “Grand Prize”):
- £20,000 cash or cheque award to be direct deposited or electronically wired to the Grand Prize winner’s account (provided such details are provided by the Grand Prize Winner on request by Amazon); and
- A book launch merchandising package on Amazon.co.uk for the launch of the Grand Prize Winner Book, exact details of which will be determined by Amazon in its sole discretion.
Entrants must be aged 18 or over. The Competition is open to writers publishing in English in any genre, who publish their work through Kindle Direct Publishing (see further below under HOW TO ENTER).
• The Competition and these Terms & Conditions are void in Mexico, Brazil, Tasmania, Quebec and where otherwise prohibited by law, and are subject to all applicable laws. Entrants may not be a national or legal permanent resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, or Region of Crimea. Entrants may not be members of any guild, union or other organisation that may prohibit them from participating in this Competition and that would restrict, require due payment or otherwise have the right to oppose such entrant’s participation in this Competition. The Competition is not open to employees or independent contractors, or immediate family members (spouses, domestic partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren) or those living in the same household of employees or independent contractors, of Amazon or any other person involved in any aspect of the Competition (including funding, judging or administration), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advisors.
• Competition entry period begins at 00:00:01 (BST) on 1st May 2022 until 23:59:59 (BST) on 31st August 2022 (“Entry Period”).
• To enter, during the Entry Period you must go to the Kindle Direct Publishing (“KDP”) [sign-in-page] (https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/) (you may select the language for your region in the upper right corner of the page) and follow the instructions to upload and publish to KDP an original, previously unpublished, English-language book authored by you (the “Book” or the “Entry”), and include the exact phrase “StorytellerUK2022” (without quotation marks) in the “keywords” metadata field in order for us to identify your Entry.
• Entry into the Competition requires that you have an Amazon account and a completed KDP account (to sign up, visit the KDP sign-in page at https://kdp.amazon.com and follow the instructions).
• All Entries must be received in the Entry Period. Amazon’s servers and clock shall be deemed the official clock for all phases of the Competition, and an entrant’s proof of a submission does not constitute proof of receipt by Amazon.
• There is no limit to the number of separate Entries that each entrant can submit.
• Amazon is not responsible for (i) lost, misdirected, late, incomplete, or unintelligible Entries or for inaccurate Entry information, whether caused by entrant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of Entries; or (ii) any printing, production, human or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Competition.
• Read the whole guideline here.