Deadline: July 15, 2023
About the competition
Valiant Scribe calls for poetry submissions written from a hopeful perspective, insinuating there’s light at the end of the tunnel. We welcome entries focusing on faith and social issues.
Submissions must be previously unpublished. Each poet is limited to one submission of no more than five poems.
Submissions should be in English. Submissions in other languages are also welcome but should be accompanied by an English translation.
The author of the winning poem will be awarded 500 Canadian dollars.
- Valiant Scribe calls for submissions focusing on faith and social issues, including violence, poverty, criminal justice, human trafficking, mental health, unknown inventors, people of color, climate change, etc.
- Creative nonfiction, essays, devotionals, flash fiction, poetry, art, and photography are welcome.
- Submissions can be published or unpublished. Each submission should not be more than 2,000 words long for prose and no more than 5 poems, art/photos.
- Submissions should be in English. Submissions in other languages are also welcome but should be accompanied by an English translation.
- Submissions can be simultaneous.
- Only digital submissions are accepted. Please email a single Word document attachment containing* a brief cover letter with your name, 100-word third-person bio, and submission(s) to [email protected].
- *Please note that we want a single Word document. An introductory note in the body of your e-mail is welcome but not required. We will not consider your submission if you do not follow these guidelines.
- Submissions are welcome year-round. Authors will be notified within 1 week to 3 months if their submission was selected.
- Read the whole guideline and submit your entry here.