Deadline: September 30, 2023
About the competition
The César Egido Serrano Foundation periodically calls for an International Short Story Contest that is part of the activities that the Foundation carries out to achieve its objective, which is none other than that the word is the tool against all violence and harmony between different cultures, religions and ideologies.
This contest is the best endowed by word in the world with a first prize of $20,000 and three second prizes of $2,000 each. In the last edition, 43,185 authors from 172 countries participated in the contest. On this occasion and as the main novelty, it will be the participants themselves who will have the opportunity and responsibility to choose the winners, through a computerized, random and anonymous voting system.
- The announcement of the VII Edition of the International Short Story Contest organized by the César Egido Serrano Foundation, domiciled in Madrid, Maldonado St, number 65, B stairs, 1st left, with CIF number G-85684769 will remain open for the reception of stories on May 26, 2021.
- Writers from anywhere in the world may participate, over 14 years old. The participation of the workers and the board of trustees of the César Egido Serrano Foundation itself is restricted.
- Originals whose theme will be free (THREE per author, maximum, whatever their languages) will be written in any of the following languages: Spanish, English, Arabic or Hebrew.
- An overall first prize of 20,000 dollars is awarded for the best story in any of the languages authorized in the contest.
- Three prizes of $ 2,000 each will be awarded for the best stories in each of the other remaining languages admitted in the contest, that are not winners of the main prize.
- The stories cannot exceed 100 words. They will be sent exclusively by completing the online form that will be found on the website of the Foundation: https://www.fundacioncesaregidoserrano.com
- The texts will be original, unpublished in all media (paper, blogs, electronic publications, etc…) and must not been awarded prizes in any other contest. Those who do not meet this condition will be disqualified.
- Read the whole guideline and submit your entry here.