Duotrope is a subscription-based service for writers and artists that offers a searchable database of current fiction, poetry, and non-fiction competitions and publication opportunities.
Duotrope features a calendar of upcoming deadlines, a personal submission tracker to enable you to keep track of all the submissions you have made, and useful statistics.
Here’s an overview of features:
- A listing of over 7,650 active publishers and agents, covering the full spectrum of fiction, poetry, and nonfiction — literary, genre, and academic — as well as visual art.
- A search feature which includes over 20 search criteria to help writers and artists narrow down our thousands of listings into a manageable number. Duotrope members can find the publishers who are looking for their genre, style, length, topic, etc.
- News pages keep our members up to date. You can also see at a glance which publications are actively replying to submissions.
- statistics and reports.
- A submission tracker to keep things organized and streamline the submission process.
- Writers can keep track of upcoming publication deadlines and find inspiration with Duotrope’s theme & deadline calendar.
Duotrope costs $5/month or $50/year. There are different pricing options for for groups, student and libraries.
Photos and videos by, or about, Duotrope.