Promote your books to millions of book lovers using the Goodreads Author Program.
Goodreads brings millions of readers around the world together to recommend favorite books, keep track of reading lists, follow their favorite authors and find a community of book lovers.This means it’s a great platform for authors to invest time and resources in. It’s like a restaurant full of hungry people and you have the food. All you have to do is to prepare it well and serve it – and you will have takers.
What readers can do on Goodreads
- See what books your friends are reading.
- Track the books you’re reading, have read, and want to read.
- Check out your personalized book recommendations. Our recommendation engine analyzes 20 billion data points to give suggestions tailored to your literary tastes.
- Find out if a book is a good fit for you from our community’s reviews.
How authors can use Goodreads
Any author, anywhere in the world, can join the Goodreads Author Program for free. All you need is an Internet connection and a published book (or a soon-to-be published book) that can be found in their database.
The Goodreads Author Program enables published authors to claim their profile page to promote their book and engage with readers. Once verified, your author profile will include the official Goodreads Author badge, which you can use to tell your fans to follow you on Goodreads.
Here are some of the ways authors can use Goodreads to raise the visibility of their books:
- Update your profile picture, add your bio to help readers learn more about you.
- Fix your book listings so that all your books can be found.
- Run a free book giveaway to build a buzz around your book.
- Connect your blog so that your Goodread profile automatically updates when you update your blog.
- You can also run ads on Goodreads.
- You can answer questions from readers using the Ask The Author feature
- You can write reviews and share what books you are reading. It’s a great way to connect with readers.
Photos and videos by, or about, Goodreads.