IngramSpark is a service that enables anyone to publish a book to online platforms like Amazon, Apple Books, Google Books, and Kobo and to access distribution to thousands of brick-and-mortar bookshops around the world.
IngramSpark provides a platform for self-publishers and small presses to publish and distribute their books.
IngramSpark also goes to great lengths to educate writers and publishers on self-publishing. They offer several guides and courses that have invaluable tips for writers and new publishers.
Setting up an account on Ingram Spark is free. You are then charged for each book you publish through them.
- Choose from various formats, including hardcover, paperback, and ebooks in color or black and white.
- Print on Demand service. Print one book, ten or thousands — print what you need when you need it.
- Global Distribution. Get your print and ebook distribution organized in one place. Push your ebooks onto scores of platforms (e.g. Amazon, Kobo, Apple Books, Google Books, etc) and have your printed book accessible to thousands of bookshops around the world.
- Free Publisher Education. Access courses and guides so you learn how to publish successfully.
- Phone, email, chat support, and discounts with editors, designers, and other experts.
Examples of some of the free courses that IngramSpark offers:
- Social Media Marketing for Self‑Publishers | Learn how to market your book on social media, which social platforms work best for you as an author, and how to best develop a social media marketing strategy that promotes your book as well as your author platform.
- How to Self-Publish a book | Learn how to self-publish a book with a better understanding of where self-publishing stands today, the benefits of self-publishing, the book publishing process, and what you need to self‑publish professionally.
- How to Build an Author Platform | Learn how to find your book’s audience and how to connect with readers. This free online self‑publishing course is your guide to building author connections to promote your book.
Listen to Some Sample Podcasts
IngramSpark runs a podcast called Go Publish Yourself. Here are some sample episodes:
Self-Publishing Q&A with Robin & Justine
Podcast hosts, IngramSpark’s Director Robin Cutler and Manager of IngramSpark’s Author Acquisition Program Justine Bylo, answer questions from listeners around the world. Examples are: How can I get book editing and cover design for my book? Is book translation a good idea? Can I publish on both IngramSpark and Amazon?
Indie Publishing 101 with John Koehler
John Koehler is an indie publishing expert and author of the Pocket Guide to Publishing. He gives a ton of tips in this chat with Robin & Justine.
Photos and videos by, or about, IngramSpark.