An app to organize, plot, & board your story. The Save The Cat! website also provides writers tools and resources to develop screenplays and novels.
The Save The Cat! website provides beat sheets, tips and tactics, informative blogs, and guidance to help writers write more cinematically.
It provides lots of writing advice, tips on how to write loglines, determine the genre, map out your plot, outline it all in a storyboard, and others.
From the about us page
“Save the Cat! provides writers the resources they need to develop their screenplays and novels based on a series of best-selling books, primarily written by Blake Snyder (1957- 2009). Blake’s method is based on 10 distinctive genres and his 15 story beats (the Blake Snyder Beat Sheet).
Our books, workshops, story structure software, apps, and story coaching teach you everything you need to unlock the fundamentals and mechanics of plot and character transformation. Our website offers beat sheets, tips and tactics, informative blogs, and guidance for writers — along with sharing the successes of both our teachers and students.”
The Save The Cat! App
Downloadable Software Built for Film, Novel, and TV Writers.
- Sync your project files across devices, including the desktop version.
- The ability to collaborate with a writing partner.
- Software That Never Goes Out of Date – All Subscribers Receive Updates at No Additional Cost
- The Blake Snyder Beat Sheet: The Industry “Go To” in Story Structure
- Visually Organize and Assess Your Story Including the New Track IQ for Characters, Locations, Set-ups, and Pay-offs.
- Scene Cards: Plot Powerfully by Tracking Emotional Shifts in Scenes and Chapters.
- Detailed Character Profiles: Dialogue Comes to Life with Clear Profiles.
- Story Versioning: Plot Out Multiple Versions of Your Story with Ease.
- Plot Multiple Stories across a Series of Films, TV Seasons and Novels.
- Organize, Develop and Track Characters, Locations, Objects, and Relationships across Your Franchise of Novels, Films and TV Series.
Photos and videos by, or about, Save The Cat!.