The Creative Penn is one of our favorite author entrepreneur sites. Its founder, Joanna Penn, is the embodiment of that word ‘authorpreneur’.
The Creative Penn has hundreds of articles, podcast episodes, videos, and other resources all targeted at helping writers generate income from their work.
In Joanna’s own words, “I’ll teach you how to write, publish and market your book — and make a living with your writing.”
Penn is prolific and offers useful advice for new and experienced writers alike.
Photos and videos by, or about, The Creative Penn.
Selected Online Courses by Joanna Penn
- How to Write a Novel
- How to Write Non-Fiction
- Multiple Streams of Income from Your Writing
- Your Author Business Plan
- Content Marketing for Fiction
Try these episodes from The Creative Penn podcast
- #565 – Rediscover Your Creative Free Spirit with Peleg Top
- #564 – Writing and Publishing Literary Fiction with Roz Morris
- #563 – Gentle Book Marketing with Sarah Santacroce
- #562 – Co-Creating with AI Writing and Image Tools with Shane Neeley
- #423 – Verbalize: Strengthen your Writing with the Power of Words with Damon Suede
- #417 – Audiobooks for Authors with Will Dages from Findaway Voices
- #398 – 80 Million Books Sold. Tips for Long-Term Success with Urban Fantasy Author, Sherrilyn Kenyon
Read Joanna’s Fiction
- Joanna writes fiction under the name J.F. Penn
Some of Joanna Penn’s Books for Authors
- How to Make a Living with Your Writing: Turn Your Words into Multiple Streams Of Income (Books for Writers Book 3)
- Successful Self-Publishing: How to self-publish and market your book in ebook and print (Books for Writers)
- How To Write Non-Fiction: Turn Your Knowledge Into Words (Books for Writers Book 9)
- The Successful Author Mindset: A Handbook for Surviving the Writer’s Journey (Books for Writers)
- Your Author Business Plan: Take Your Author Career To The Next Level (Books for Writers Book 12)