The Writers and Publishers Network (WPN) provides information, resources and opportunities for anyone involved in or interested in publishing.
WPN was formerly known as The Small Publishers, Artists & Writers Network (SPAWN). It was formed to promote an interest in art and literature, to encourage creative expression, and to help those interested in the arts connect with others for educational purposes and mutual support.
WPN encourages the exchange of ideas, information, and other mutual benefits, and provides a website for the purpose of sharing information on writing, marketing, and publishing. It also offers links to research sources, publishers, printers, the media, and other sources that might be important to writers and authors.
WPN is a California 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
To provide education, information, resources, and a supportive networking environment for creative individuals and small business owners interested in the publishing process.
WPN membership is open to anyone interested in publishing, whether they are an author, freelance writer, artist, or own a publishing company.
- New Member $75, July 1-Sep 30 until January 1 $55, Oct 1-Dec 31 $85 covers the end of the current year and the whole next year.
- Membership Renewal $65 due each January.
- Affiliate Member (See below) $65, July 1-Sep 30 until January 1 $55, Oct 1-Dec 31 $75 covers the end of the current year and the whole next year.
- Student 25 or under $35, July 1-Sep 30 until January 1 $25, Oct 1-Dec 31 $45 covers the end of the current year and the whole next year.
- New Releases from WPN, a bi-monthly newsletter goes out to over 1,800 book reviewers and book bloggers. Those members who used this service were happy with the quality of reviews and diversity of media where the reviews appeared. Open to upcoming releases and books recently published. A discounted price for members.
- Your book on the WPN website: upload your cover and fifty words about your latest book. The Books by WPN Authors page is open to the public so everyone who visits the WPN website receives the opportunity to see your announcement.
- The Chicago Manual of Style Online, the gold standard for grammar, access FREE to members. Have answers to your grammar questions live at your fingertips.
- Market Update. The valuable Market Update will appear every month, letting us know exactly what is going on with magazine and book publishers. Each issue of the Market Update lists dozens (sometimes hundreds) of opportunities and resources for freelance writers, artists, photographers, and publishers as well as authors who are seeking a publisher or promoting one or more books. Locate thousands more resources and informational tidbits in the vast WPN Market Update archives.
- Audio recordings. Audio recordings on topics ranging from publicity to overcoming writer’s block are available for members to download at their convenience from the private member area of the WPN website.
- Free Ebook Members may choose a free ebook when they join or renew.
- Members-Only Discounts. WPN members receive discounts on products and services such as editorial services, book cover design, interior layout services, consulting, printing, and writing software. NEW: discount on Chicago Manual of Style Online. The Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA) also offers all WPN members a $30 discount on IBPA memberships.
- Free digital issue of Story Monsters Ink magazine
- One-Year membership listing at authorbookings.com or SchoolBookings.com, and Marketing & Publicity services (Includes Goodreads Giveaway, Social Media Contests, Email Campaigns, NetGalley Review Program, and Consulting).
- Event Calendar. Members may submit events. After approval, your events will be available online for everyone to see.
Photos and videos by, or about, Writers & Publishers Network.