Where can I find a designer for my book cover?
Here are some great places to find book cover designers:
The cheapest option and offers the widest range of services, in type, in price range and in quality. You look at gigs posted by designers and can see examples of previous work before selecting one.
- 99 Designs
Vets designers so there is less likelihood that you will get shoddy work. Also more costly than Fiverr.
One of the biggest sites for freelance work. You post your job and designers bid for it.
Focussed on the needs of businesses.
I thought I’d throw this one in to show the range of options available to you. TopTal (Top Talent) lists only ‘the top 3% of freelance talent in an industry.’ Their assurance to you is quality. Comes with a higher price tag, as is to be expected.
A few notes to guide you in your search:
- Always check the designer’s previous work before you contact them
- Read their gig carefully and make sure you know exactly what you are getting for the price quoted. Many designers will offer premium services at much higher costs than the basic offer you first see. Some designers will only offer the front cover for the basic package and will charge more for a spine and back cover design.
- Check delivery time. How long will it take for you to get your work?
- Check the file format that the files will be delivered in AND the resolution. Some designers will offer low resolution images for low tier packages. You want to get as high a resolution as possible.
- Check the rights. Some designers will only give you rights to use the design but not for certain purposes or not for profit. Make sure you are getting the package that gives you the rights you need.