From our valleys, there are many mountains to climb…
Thank you for visiting this page which tracks highlights in the Valley of Writers journey and the plans I have for Valley of Writers. It is constantly evolving and changing.
Where we’re going…
- Launch of Valley of Writers Inspiration Shop
- Launch of writers support group (Rescheduling this. TBA)
- Launch of first online course (Originally set for June 2021)
- Launch of Valley of Writers Patreon Campaign (Originally set for May 2021)
- Launch of video series (Originally set for May 2021)
- The Iz Mazano Challenge Round 1 Begins (Originally set for May 2021)
- Interview series with authors begins
- Launch of resource directory for writers
- The Iz Mazano Challenge Round 1 Ends
- Advisory Board Longlist complete
- Launch of 2021 Calendar & Planning Tools
- 2022 Planning Retreat
- Full launch of LTB
- The DIY Build Your Author Site Challenge Begins
- Agency4W Beta Launch
- Merch4A Training Begins
- Ad board in place
- Work on NEW starts
- Launch of Tools4W
- 2023 Planning Retreat
- First Valley of Writers Conference. Still to be named. Still to be themed.
Where we’ve been…
- Started building Valley of Writers website
(Jan 12. First Instagram Post)
- Covered our (Royal ‘our’ ;-)) first literary event as Valley of Writers. LitFest 2020 at Amherst College. Photographed Jesmyn Ward, Laila Lalami, Susan Choi, and Karen Skolfield, among others. I’m excited to be working on an arts/tech/content project again.
- Lockdown. COVID-19 has us all sent home indefinitely
- Launched Beta Version of website
- There was no response to our first call for interns sent out in June. Will try again next year.
- New branding complete. To be included in new site and all social media and comms.
- Working on the new site is taking longer than expected. Still at it.
- Started working on the basement office/studio. DIY project. Plan is to paint walls, put in a ceiling, new lights and get as much of the required tech as possible in preparation for online interviews, recording of videos, etc.
- Launch of new Valley of Writers website (Feb 16)
- Launch of The Ultimate Book Launch Checklist. Backend pre-launch of LTB.
- Currently traffic to the site is really low. Less than 100 visits per month. Not unexpected as I haven’t done much promo work. I’ve been focussing a lot on the backend and functionality. Working on a strategy for traffic, social media, mailing list and content. Also working on a plan to get freelance contributors.
- Launch of Questions Writers Ask (Planned launch Date: May 2021)
- My first experiment with a freelance contributor didn’t go so well. Found someone on Fiverr. Article was good, but too generic.
- LitStream now fully functional
- Kicked-off daily site content updates
- June 8. Launched Hot Events for Writers
- June 22. Launched Quicktakes
- June 23. Created first Valley of Writers pin.
Bugs & Feature Requests…
- June 18, 2021 | IG usernames not displaying in Litstream
- June 24, 2021 | Tags not working with Custom Post Types
Feature Requests / Ideas
- April 5, 2021 | Toys for writers