Deadline: April 1, 2022
About the competition
After a long dormancy in this Covid era, our lives seem to be taking off for a fresh start. Vaccination is speeding up, people are mostly cautious in their interactions with less handshakes and kisses, and despite ups and downs in new cases and deaths, signs for “revival” are getting more visible every passing day.
- What does revival mean to you? How do you revive?
- Is getting back to “normal” a revival when there is a new normal every day? What is your new normal?
- Having faced the reality of death grievously during the pandemic, what would “revival” mean to those who lost their lives and to their loved ones left behind?
- How has your perception of life changed as we have realized our fragility and could not prevent the loss of millions?
- Do you believe in revival after death, and how did you rely on these beliefs during the pandemic?
Writing is an important to heal ourselves. We are expecting your essays on “revival” to hear your story which can be a source of healing for you and others.
- Submissions to be posted: December 1, 2021 – April 1, 2022
- Deadline for submissions: April 1, 2022
- Contest open to all writers worldwide
- Ideal word count to be between 1,500 and 2,500
- For submissions check out www.fountainmagazine.com
- 1st Place – $1,000
- 2nd Place – $500
- 3rd Place – $300
- Two Honorable Mentions – $150 each
Read the whole guideline here.
To submit your essay, use this link.