This is NOT an ad or a sponsored review. We have no affiliation with the apps and products we feature in Power Tools for Writers unless otherwise stated.
In This Article
The power tool
What sort of tool is it?
It is an app that you download and install on your computer that enables you to plan your book project, plot your story, create character sketches and do the actual writing of the manuscript.
You can also access Dabble via a web browser or an app on your phone or tablet.
Where to Get it
The Dabble’s web app is available here at app.dabblewriter.com and can be used on any computer; Windows, Mac, Chromebook, and Linux.
Dabble is available on a subscription basis at three different tiers. Each tier offers you monthly or annual options. You get a 20% discount with the annual payment plan.
You can also do a one-time payment of $399 (as of July 23, 2021) to get ‘lifetime usage’ where you never have to pay subscriptions or for any upgrades.
If you are a student, you get 30% off.
Here is the pricing table:
And with annual pricing selected:
A 14-day free trial is available.
What can you do with Dabble?
- Create and organize your story notes
- Plot your story using Dabble’s plot grid, plot lines (subplots), and plot points (the events that take place in your subplots).
- Makes it easy to have events in each subplot happen at the right time in your story.
- Create character sketches, character relationships
- Make notes on places in your story so you never have to flip through all the pages you’ve written to remember how big the mansion you are writing about actually is.
Here are some video reviews of the Dabble writing platform.
If you use Dabble, we’d love to hear your feedback in the comments. Thank you!